Government Polytechnic Kathua which was established in the year 2012 has well established Library and reading room. Library is a central facility to support the teaching & learning needs of the institute. Library has been over the years successfully catering to the needs of all the departments. The Library contains General Books, Reference Books which are related to current syllabus of J&K SBOTE and other competitive examination Books. The Reading room has sufficient seating capacity to accommodate large number of students and make use of library facilities.
The Library at present has more than 3500 books. Books are issued to Student’s for a period of fifteen days only on production of valid college Identity Card. Library has two different halls viz. Books Section and Reading Room Section.
The Library Staff comprises:
1. Ms SakshiKapahi (Lecturer- I/C Library)
2. Mr.Rajinder Singh (Demonstrator- I/C Reading Room)
It is notified for the information of all the students and staff that the following rules should be strictly followed in the Library:
Working hours of the Library are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in winters and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. during summers.
- Books will be issued to the students on the production of library borrower’s card, which is issued by the Incharge Library to every bonafide student at the start of academic session. In order to avoid any misuse of the card, a student should keep it in safe custody and report to the Incharge Library in case it is lost / misplaced. A duplicate card will be issued on a payment of Rs 50/- after due verification and a damaged card can be replaced by surrendering it against a payment of Rs 20/-.
- Books lost or damaged in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrower of the same edition/title/author or of higher edition, failing which double the cost of the books shall be realised. The borrower should satisfy himself/herself about the sound condition of the book before leaving the Library counter.
- Books are issued for a period of Fifteen days only and a fine of Re 1/- per day per book shall be charged after the due date.
- Reference books, rare books and current periodicals can be consulted only within the Library.
- Students can borrow / return books from /to the Library according to the time table allotted to them.
- Students shall not take personal books or belongings inside the Library.
- Students are required to observe complete silence in the Library and Reading room.
Newspapers & Magazines: The library is subscribing to various general, periodicals, daily & weekly, national & local newspaper. Following National & Local newspapers are available in College Library:
- The Tribune
- Times of India
- Daily Excelsior
- Kashmir Times
- State Times
- Amar Ujala
- Employement News
- India today
- Inside Outside